+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rugby Challenge Commentary Names

Cool Rugby Challenge Commentary Names

In response to Mario's thread asking for community member name requests for the commentary team to record we have a list of names that have come from you guys and are included in the commentary.

Note that some of the names requested were already part of the commentary recordings, so if your requested name is not here it does not necessarily mean it won't be in the commentary library:

Namu
    Ritchie
    Reynolds
    Ah Chong
    Arthur
    Fretton
    Kulchar
    Summerville
    Iversen
    Graham
    Compton
    Katsis
    Klaasen
    Gouder
    Negus
    Hayne
    Owen
    Hines
    Finlay
    Glossop
    Widdowson
    Hardy
    Mulligan
    Hamer
    Deep
    Howze
    Cavanough
    Fraser
    Stathakis
    Attard
    Fry
    Collier
    Amohanga
    Lameko
    Balentine
    Bailey
    Nuri
    Robb
    We may be able to release the full roster of names at some point, but I can't make any guarantees about that

Thanks for your input, guys!

*dies of shock*

I seriously can't believe this. You guys flippin' rock!

You BEAUTIES!!

Namu, Negus, Hayne....Yeeeeah BOI

I just gotta hope they didn't pronounce the silent k in my rubbish phonetic spelling. But even if it was, I'm still going to use it and <bleep>ing love it.

Xbox Live
    rustyREYNOLDS
    You guys are Legends!!!

Hang on, what position do I play?

Being disabled, I only ever played in a club's tag-rugby open day.

Man you guys are the the best!!! Just for having our name included im gonna buy 2. Lol

can you guys put last name AHOTAHA please!!!
    cheers

Thanks Mills/Muzz, day 1 now..........that is if it is on PS3 which I'm sure it will be.

PSN ID
    XLStoner
    Xbox Live
    fezzaz13
    Dammit. I missed out FFS

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dawg View Post
    Dammit. I missed out FFS
    Did you miss this?

Quote Originally Posted by Milla
    Note that some of the names requested were already part of the commentary recordings, so if your requested name is not here it does not necessarily mean it won't be in the commentary library:

so does that include spring, coz i was really hopin it was in there

Quote Originally Posted by o4awesome View Post
    so does that include spring, coz i was really hopin it was in there
    There are a couple thousand names on the list, so chances are the names of a lot of forum members are covered.

But we aren't going to reveal that list until closer to release, possibly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    There are a couple thousand names on the list, so chances are the names of a lot of forum members are covered.

But we aren't going to reveal that list until closer to release, possibly after.
    thats cool atleast we know that all hope is not lost, plus i did kinda put mine in late as, mean as idea though keep it up

My concern for putting my actual name on an internet forum got in the way and now I'm officially gutted. Way too much of the "there's no way they'd use a name as different as mine" going on over this way. Stupid me.

Any Chance you's could add Wichman to your list, Pronouced Witch-man...

Quote Originally Posted by lance573 View Post
    Any Chance you's could add Wichman to your list, Pronouced Witch-man...
    We can't add any more names, sorry. But hopefully those that missed out will still have their name in the full list anyway.

This post has made my week (and made my weekend a hell of a lot brighter). Thanks for including my surname Now to sit and wait patiently to hear its pronunciation :P :P Our posts haven't been done in vain thanks very much for your forum interaction and I look forward to more posts

Well thats a little bit dissapointing.. Must have missed the cutoff time..

Oh well, the game itself will raise my spirits when it comes out no doubt

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Well thats a little bit dissapointing.. Must have missed the cutoff time..

Oh well, the game itself will raise my spirits when it comes out no doubt
    As mentioned, we have only listed names included that were specifically sourced from Mario's thread, i.e. names that we didn't already have. There were names already going in that were subsequently requested. There's still a chance of your name being included.

Xbox Live
    allblack al
    thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Milla View Post
    As mentioned, we have only listed names included that were specifically sourced from Mario's thread, i.e. names that we didn't already have. There were names already going in that were subsequently requested. There's still a chance of your name being included.
    I added my name to Marios thread, but i was one of the last ones before he cut it off so i could see how i would miss out with time issues.. My name is also quite an uncommon Maori name so i dont think it would already be going in..

Its a great touch including any of these names though so thanks for that

Oooh list of known rugby commentators, linked to Jonah....

Keith Quinn ooooooooooh

Other peeps who could be the commentating pair
    Willie Lose, Grant Fox, Grant Nisbett, Tony Johnson, Ian Jones, Melodie Robinson, Justin Marshall, Ian Smitty Smith......and that's only the NZ ones!!! could be a multi cultural pairing, any clues Milla Vanilla!?!

Sweeet my name and surname is there!!! AWESOME!

We can't add any more names, sorry. But hopefully those that missed out will still have their name in the full list anyway.
    Nah that's cool Mario i know i missed the boat,at least my dad's last name will be in there(Ioane) cause Digby Ioane will be in the game and its pronounced You-won-knee

Quote Originally Posted by dizal View Post
    Oooh list of known rugby commentators, linked to Jonah....

Keith Quinn ooooooooooh

Other peeps who could be the commentating pair
    Willie Lose, Grant Fox, Grant Nisbett, Tony Johnson, Ian Jones, Melodie Robinson, Justin Marshall, Ian Smitty Smith......and that's only the NZ ones!!! could be a multi cultural pairing, any clues Milla Vanilla!?!
    My guess at who will be commentating on the game are Keith Quinn and John McBeth, as they don't have fulltime commentary contracts like the others named above eg they'll be the cheapest!!

"...wide to Lomu, he's got the bounce, hes handed off his opposite....LOMU OH OH!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN3KuenjmaY

Xbox Live
    rustyREYNOLDS
    That last try is my favorite Lomu try cause it shows his strength and how wicked his step was! A true legend, Quinn would be pretty cool but I'd love to see TJ, Nisbett or even KT

PSN ID
    XLStoner
    Xbox Live
    fezzaz13
    Is it too late to upload our photos so that we can be incorporated into the game?

Fingers crossed "LIU" is in the full commentary list.

Xbox Live
    rustyREYNOLDS
    ^^^^^
    Haha! How sweet would that be! Although EA's latest gameface is pretty freakin accurate... It would be great if a similar feature was included.
    Actually Sidhe could charge us to create our faces... I'd pay good money to have my face professionally done for Rugby Challenge

Mature Content / Not Safe For Work

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    ^^^^^
    Haha! How sweet would that be! Although EA's latest gameface is pretty freakin accurate... It would be great if a similar feature was included.
    Actually Sidhe could charge us to create our faces... I'd pay good money to have my face professionally done for Rugby Challenge
    that is right . hey Milla when are you gonna intake the names on to the list. pretty pretty please. sweeet asss

Quote Originally Posted by samoa62 View Post
    that is right . hey Milla when are you gonna intake the names on to the list. pretty pretty please. sweeet asss
    Can you explain what you mean? I must need more coffee

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Milla View Post
    Can you explain what you mean? I must need more coffee
    Explain Deez: lol
    i meant when are you gonna put new names on the list ?
    a you able to put new names that hasnt been put in yet ? for the Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by samoa62 View Post
    Explain Deez: lol
    i meant when are you gonna put new names on the list ?
    a you able to put new names that hasnt been put in yet ? for the Commentary
    We aren't putting any new names on the list. The list of forum member names above was what was added to the "full list" we already had planned for the game.

There is unfortunately no longer any opportunity to add new forum member names. However, even if your last name isn't on that list it still might be in the game because the "full list" includes thousands of names.

Lightbulb

We aren't putting any new names on the list. The list of forum member names above was what was added to the "full list" we already had planned for the game.

There is unfortunately no longer any opportunity to add new forum member names. However, even if your last name isn't on that list it still might be in the game because the "full list" includes thousands of names.

awww my last name is an exclusive one hahaar buh cheers big ears mario

=) YAY! usually i have to settle to using my first name for commentary, thank you so much boys (and girls if there are any in the department) it really means alot. any word on who the voice actor was? btw this seals me not buying hb's game

Thanks so much guys!

I was feeling a little sad, cause I was planning on going to see the Reds vs the Force at Suncorp with some friends, then they just told me they don't want me to come. Devastated, since it was going to be my 21st birthday present. But anyway, seeing my last name on that list has totally cheered me up.

That is amzing! You guys are the best! Now, here's hope for Cavanough to be in the commentary list for RL4!

Damn my name isn't on there. Hopefully it was already on the list. Although I'm kind of doubting that. Ah well....I might be surprised.

+ Reply to Thread