+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PC Controller Config

Question PC Controller Config

Hey there,
    I have a Gravis Eliminator Aftershock and it has similar button layout to the PS2 contoller, is there a way to edit the game files to make RL2 identify it as a ps2 controller? It is near impossible to play with the button layout you have assigned for us. My current control setup is that of the logitech controller displayed on your button layout post by Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Deagle
    Hey there,
    I have a Gravis Eliminator Aftershock and it has similar button layout to the PS2 contoller, is there a way to edit the game files to make RL2 identify it as a ps2 controller? It is near impossible to play with the button layout you have assigned for us. My current control setup is that of the logitech controller displayed on your button layout post by Mario.

ahh no but there is a way to fool your PS2 controller or whatever controller you have to make the game think its a logitech

there is?

How do i do that?
    I want my controller to become a ps2 layout, plz tell because i dont think im going to play until i solve this problem.

near impossible? ive been told the rl2 controls are the same as rl 1 for pwell basically the same...so they shouldnt be that bad. i havent got the game yet so i dont know.

Have a look at this page:
    http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/s...ad.php?t=11482

My controller has the exact same placement and number of buttons as the PS2 controller, yet the button configuration is that of the logitech one for some odd reason which my mind has yet the capacity to realise.
    There has to be a file in the RL2 folder that can be edited to identify the controller as a ps2 one - God willing mario will uncover it and show us what/how to edit it or better yet place a link on the site where we can download this edited file and replace it (aka patch).
    The logitech controller config is unbelievably hard to get used to, especially the sprinting and switching of players.

We need the option to configure buttons, pure and simple, I CANNOT REMEMBER THE LAST GAME THAT DID NOT HAVE A CONTROLLER CONFIG OPTION - I took it as a given. Any plans for a patch - ROFLMAO.

I have a feeling there is a consipracy behind this design aspect.

I'll give you a *little* hint: What was the 2nd piece of paper inside your cd case, and what was it advertising? What reasons would a consumer have to buy this product?

now you see

I see, of course that's very possible but it won't work on me, no controller config is the No.#1 reason I'll be returning it tomorrow.

Problem with Logitech RumblePad2 controller

Hi,
    I just bought the Logitech Rumblepad 2 controller last weekend. I created a new profile for Rugby League 2 so that I could change the button configuration.
    But when I use the profile to play the game, I notice that the actions (e.g. pass, tackle) seem a little delayed and punting sometimes doesn't happen until a couple of seconds after I release the punt button.
    Is there anyone out there with a working profile and modified button configuration for this gamepad (or similar)? If so, could you post up a copy of your exported profile?

Thanks,
    Ren

Patch Patch Patch!

U can very easily use Xbox controllers, i have aldready posted a thread on how to. Its good to because the xbox to USB driver lets u config the buttons to how u want, one thing Sidhe forgot or neglected to do.

yeh ren i did the same as you in profiler and there is a lag effect im pretty sure....

so we're back to step 1... surely there is a file within the rugby league file that we can manually edit with a text editor to change the configuration??

mario seriously can you reply because it seems like such a small thing but its not and can you please advise us on whether a patch will be released before christmas to fix it... or give us an unofficial way of editing it ourselves....

Solved problem with control configuration on logitech

Managed to find out how to lose the lag effect I was getting with the profiler software. Basically, I had to map the buttons to keystrokes rather than mapping them to other buttons (including dpad and analog joystick). The keystrokes mapped to are the keyboard controls that have been set for the game.
    The overall effect of this is that the gamepad now acts like the keyboard, and so when you select the controller at the start of the game, you will actually be selecting the keyboard instead of your regular controller.

yeh that works... for only one player games... when u are playing a friend it doesnt work but....

seriously mario/sidhe team when will there be a solution for this problem?

i dont want to create a new thread but it seems this issue has been forgotten about...

Quote Originally Posted by RiotAct
    U can very easily use Xbox controllers, i have aldready posted a thread on how to. Its good to because the xbox to USB driver lets u config the buttons to how u want, one thing Sidhe forgot or neglected to do.
    You have any details on this? I have the xbox to PC adapter, but don't have drivers, especially ones that enable me to assign keys to buttons.
    ta,

EDIT:
    Never mind, found it - http://www.redcl0ud.com/xbcd.html
    Keen to try this tonight.

Would still really like an option in game though.
    Last edited by TheSly; 16-12-2005 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stanlives
    yeh that works... for only one player games... when u are playing a friend it doesnt work but....

seriously mario/sidhe team when will there be a solution for this problem?

i dont want to create a new thread but it seems this issue has been forgotten about...
    You'd hope they could somehow release a patch... or at least a compromise patch offering another 2 or 3 pre set combinations that aren't so hard to use! Seriously, why couldn't they just make the button config the same as the PS2 one FFS?!!??! I would dearly like someone to explain that to me!

+ Reply to Thread